Motorists travelling from Brgy. Camantang to Brgy. Jepaco will experience the advancement of mobility next month once the Department of Public Works and Highways (DPWH) completes the construction of the access road in Can-avid, Eastern Samar.
A laborer of the project and native in Barangay Camantang, Domingo Bobon, 32 is working very hard to finish the access road project by PAyapa at MAsaganang PamayaNAn (PAMANA) CY 2016 budget.
“This access road project will surely help us to ease the discomfort and accessibility for transporting of our emergency patients to the nearest hospital,” Bobon said.
Access road (a road providing a means of entry into a region, or of approach to another road) project of Department of Public Works and Highways Eastern Samar District Engineering Office (DPWH-ESDEO) will alleviate their way of living in a way that farmers will be motivated to plant more, ultimately increasing their production and income.
Manolo A. Rojas, District Engineer, Eastern Samar DEO said, they have completed 87 percent of the project, and the remaining 13 percent of the works will be completed by next month.
The delayed delivery of materials and deployment of equipment to the critical areas during the past two months prevented them from completing the P 40- million access road project.
At present, there are only 0.45 kilometer remaining to link the new road to existing provincial road in Eastern Samar.
Through the access road project, traveling from Brgy. Camantang to Brgy. Jepaco will take half an hour, way shorter compared before bumpy and hilly road.